Monday, May 6, 2019

Reflection on edTPA and eFolio

Image result for edtpa

The most challenging but also most helpful part of Dr. Smirnova's courses is the completion of the practice edTPA and eFolio. This is my second course with Dr. Smirnova. I definitely learned from my experience last time that completing edTPA tasks takes a long time and a lot of thought and consideration. My group members and I decided that it would be helpful to sit down together and work individually on our edTPA tasks. I know that Mount Saint Mary offers and edTPA work day for students that are student teaching. Students are invited to sit together and individually work on their tasks. This is definitely a great idea. Working alongside my peers definitely motivated me and helped me stay focused. If I had any questions, I was able to ask my peers and continue working. We were able to help each other when we needed assistance and we kept each other on task. It was definitely helpful to sit with my peers and complete my edTPA tasks. edTPA is stressful and challenging, but the fact that I was lucky enough to work with a group of peers that are professional, bright, and motivated teacher candidates helped me complete my work and motivated me to try my best. This was my second time completing all edTPA tasks for Dr. Smirnova. This time, it was much easier for me and I understood so much more. I am thankful for this opportunity to complete edTPA tasks prior to student teaching. This part of the course is so beneficial for when I will actually be student teaching and completing edTPA in order to receive my certification. The use of eFolio keeps all of my work so organized and professional looking. After taking these courses with Dr. Smirnova, I feel well versed in edTPA as well as the use of technology to help me complete my work to the best of my ability. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection on the Semester (Final Blog)

My learning experience this semester is one I will carry with my throughout my career. The first thing I learned this semester is that S...